It comes to a stroke or a heart attack, every second counts. In case of an emergency, it is important to recognise the symptoms and react accordingly. Because the correct First aid measures can save lives.
- Typical symptoms of a stroke symptoms of paralysis, numbness and circulatory problems.
- Violent pain in the chest, Nausea, a feeling of weakness and anxiety indicate a heart attack.
- For a patient with a stroke or heart attack, rapid treatment can be lifesaving.
Stroke and heart attacks together with other cardiovascular diseases of the most common causes of death in Germany. Typical symptoms, such as pain in the chest area as a result of a heart attack are universally known, rarely, however, more specific signs. To know the difference between heart attack and stroke and to react in an emergency can save lives.
The stroke: the symptoms
Typical symptoms of a stroke are:
- Paralysis of individual body parts or even an entire half of the body, wherein the face may be affected.
- Numbness, language and comprehension disturbances, and visual disturbances.
- It can also occur in the case of a stroke, dizziness, strong and suddenly occurring headaches, and difficulty swallowing.
- In the worst case, a Cycle is threatening as the acute consequence of a stroke, collapse and loss of consciousness.
These are the signs of a heart attack
The typical sign of recognition and the main symptom of a heart attack is:
- A sudden, persistent and severe pain in the chest.
- This radiates often in the shoulder or the neck, but also in the lower jaw, the back or the upper abdomen.
- This includes restlessness, and severe anxiety, pale and sweaty skin.
- Cold hands and low blood pressure are other typical symptoms of a heart attack.
In some cases, however, in women, diabetics or older people, for example, runs a heart attack is atypical and the stabbing pain in the chest area. The heart attack can manifest itself instead in the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of pressure in chest and abdomen
- Pain in jaw, neck, back, or arms
Causes of a stroke
To can a stroke occur when parts of the brain are not sufficiently supplied with blood. There are two main causes: a blocked blood vessel (atherosclerosis) or a brain hemorrhage. A lack of blood flow to the brain impairs the function of nerve cells in the affected area, and in some cases even to their death.
So it comes to a heart attack
The main cause of heart attack, such as the impact of arteriosclerosis, the narrowing of a blood attack a vessel or its closure, for example by a blood clot. In the case of a heart attack, the coronary artery is affected, this leads to under-supply the heart muscle with oxygen and vital nutrients. Heart muscle tissue may die, and in the worst case to a cardiac arrest.
Risk factors of stroke and heart attack
For a stroke and a heart attack similar risk factors. These include:
- High blood pressure
- increased cholesterol levels
- Lack of exercise
Among the uncontrollable risk factors of heart disease, a possible genetic predisposition, age, and gender. With a healthy lifestyle and the treatment of other diseases, at least the controllable risks can be active against taxes and, to a certain degree to prevent.
First aid for heart attack and stroke
Both heart attack as well as stroke are life-threatening events . The faster you respond, the more likely that consequential damage can be minimized.
- Alert you as soon as possible the ambulance, if you can find symptoms of a stroke or heart attack.
- You control whether or not the affected Person is conscious and pay attention to breathing and circulation.
- You bring the patient in a comfortable Position with raised upper body and talk until the ambulance Arrives a calming effect on him.
- In addition, the following applies: In the case of a heart attack, restrictive clothing, such as shirt collar, tie or belt of the affected Person open.
A cycle occurs as a result of a stroke or heart attack in the affected Person, they should immediately begin resuscitation: Place both hands on top of each other on the chest and you start with arms straight to the heart pressure massage with a frequency of 100 to 120 shocks per Minute. Give you bumps the patients according to 30 pressure.